It’s been a while since I saw a heist show this gripping, not just because of the thrill element and the careful planning but also the romantic element is worth watching. I found myself rooting for the thieves and the intelligent and sexy mastermind of the heist! Beautifully written and acted, this show will stay on your mind for quite some time!
I recently made a trip to India and spotted the posters of new Amazon Prime Original drama show – Made in Heaven. There were so many posters that you couldn’t miss it…I obviously was curious to see it, being a Bollywood junkie…I have to say I really really liked it!
The show revolves around the characters of a wedding planning company and is quite nuanced and realistic. Each episode covers a different wedding and with it brings all behind the curtain issues very realistically and beautifully. There are also other social issues discussed in the show in a very delicate manner.
I have to say the show is cast very well and each actor has done a superb job of justifying the marvelous writing. It is so nice to see Indian television writing come into its own. What a leap from the typical saas-bahu serials of the 90s.
I enjoy editing as much as writing. Writing is more creative, but editing gives you the pleasure of making a piece more effective.
Here are some simple tips for editing:
- You can always make a post more effective by using sub-headings or bullet points. Quite often, I see multiple paragraphs with no sub-headings or bullets, and I get lost. Sub-headings make a post more readable.
- Don’t forget to run your written post through spell-checker and/or Grammarly.
- Avoid using passive voice and run-on sentences. Some people have the tendency to write run-on sentences which makes reading quite tedious.
- It is as essential to use a catchy title for your post as it is to write a compelling piece. Good titles are eye-catching and adequately describe the article.
- It is also a good idea to read your post out loud to catch any errors that your eyes skimmed over while reading.
Hope these simple tips will help your writing and editing.
Essays are an integral part of undergraduate college admissions here in the U.S. Essays define who you are and provide further insight into your personality to the college admission staff.
Here are a few pointers to consider:
- Find your unique voice while writing your college essay. You don’t have to use flowery language but you should definitely make an effort to write it in a unique way so that your essay stands out.
- Write, review, revise and get your essay proofread before submitting.
- Most of the essays have a word limit. Be aware of the word limit and try to construct your essay within the limits and still get your point across.
- Ensure that you are actually answering the question asked in the essay prompt. Many times, you may revise your essay several times and may lose the main point while doing so.
- Space out your essays so you are not writing all of them one after the other. You don’t want to compromise on the quality.
Essay writing is the creative part of college admission process. Enjoy it!
After having eaten at Melting Pot, I fell in love with fondue especially cheese fondue. Of course I had to order my own fondue set so that I can enjoy this savory treat any time I want!
Although the fondue set comes with its own recipes, I wanted something close to what we ate at the restaurant. Apparently someone had already experimented and perfected this recipe .
Tried it today and it turned out simply delicious…almost as good the one we had at Melting Pot. We enjoyed it with french bread, carrots and cherry tomatoes. The only change I made to the recipe was I used provolone and gouda cheese as these are easier to find.
Next time, I have got to get wine with the fondue and it will taste even better!
- First and foremost, ensure that you have a definite purpose for your book. There may be several books on the topic, therefore you need to make sure yours is unique and has something definite to offer to the readers. Spell the uniqueness out!
- Organize your chapters in a logical fashion to attract readers. When I browse through a nonfiction book, first thing I look for is the chapter list to determine if the book is useful for me or not.
- Include examples, anecdotes and practical ideas in your book. Textual books are good for school/college curriculum. However, practical books attract all kinds of readers.
- Choose an apt, yet attractive title for your book. Title is the first thing that attracts a reader!
- And of course, just like any other book, proofread, beta test and edit your book before publishing.
The journey from a non-fiction writer to a fiction writer is not easy. For one, it doesn’t come naturally and there is a lot of hard work involved. Some of the books that I have found useful in the process are:
- Story Engineering
- The Making of a story
- You can write a romance
- The Emotion Thesaurus
- Self-Editing for Fiction Writers
I have also documented my practical experience of writing fiction in my guide, Practical Guide to Writing Fiction.
Respect for Rohit Shetty for choosing a relevant social issue for his story-line and delivering an out and out entertainer. If any actor can pull this movie off with so much conviction, it is Ranveer Singh for sure! Ranveer was simply perfect, not an ounce of over-acting for the genre that he is in. He was a delight to watch in comic scenes as well as in action and his dialogue delivery is to the point! For me, the favorite scene was the fan boy look on his face when Simmba sees Singham enter the scene. Even I couldn’t help but yell and scream for Ajay Devgn’s entry!!
Superb music and a professional ensemble have certainly provided the needed foundation for the protagonist to thrive. However, Ranveer Singh has shouldered this masala entertainer completely on his shoulder.
Watch Simmba and be entertained!
Much like anyone else, I am always hungry for great streaming content, whether it is in English or Hindi language. My husband and I binge-watched the latest Amazon Original series, Mirzapur, this past weekend. When you binge-watch 9 episodes in two days, it immediately tells you how gripping the storyline is!
There is a lot of novelty in this series! Acting, of course, is superb by all characters. With Pankaj Tripathi, Ali Fazal, Divyendu Sharma in the cast, you are bound to see some amazing acting. What I loved was that each and every character had a well-balanced screen time, had an interesting graph and had a lot of shades to play. The plot and writing is superb. There is an endearing quality to pretty much all characters, which is the USP of this show, for sure.
Watch it if you like intense drama and can handle foul language and some gory violence. If you can tolerate all that, this show is simply outstanding!
If you haven’t tried Velvet Taco, hurry up and give it a try today! Their tacos are to die for! With so much zest and taste in each taco, you would want to try quite a few. My absolute favorite is Spicy Tikka Paneer! I really like the mint in each taco and the sauces are quite flavorful. You will cherish every bite!
They also serve variety of drinks including alcohol and you can complement your tacos with a side of queso and chips as well. Velvet Taco has a very casual ambiance and you don’t have to wait long to get your order.
I had the pleasure of watching A Star is Born yesterday and was completely mesmerized by the music, screenplay as well as acting! No wonder this storyline has been remade so many times, it is a classic in the true sense.
Both Bradley Cooper and Lady Gaga have played the characters so naturally that you get immersed in their world and live their journey with them. Every song is beautifully composed and lifts the movie to a great level. I knew that Lady Gaga is a great singer but I was so surprised to know that Bradley has sung his own songs too! What a talent!
I am used to watching love stories in Bollywood but it was a refreshing change to see an intense love story in Hollywood. With amazing music and acting, this movie is an awesome watch!