I have written various fictional stories but I didn’t include any book club questions in my books. Some authors do that and I think it is a nice tool for the readers especially if they belong to a book club. In this post, I want to include some of the book club questions that are relevant to my books and could also be useful for others. Hopefully this can be a guide for people who want to form a book club of their own.
Since I write fictional stories about NRI (Non Resident Indians), a book club that is interested in reading such books would find these questions useful.
- Did you enjoy reading this book? Which elements did you enjoy the most?
- Did the book maintain your interest throughout? If not, where did you lose interest?
- How genuine were the main characters of this book? Did you relate to any particular character in the story?
- What did you feel about the main character’s background?
- Would you have preferred for a particular character to behave in a different way?
- Did the setting of the book appeal to you? What did you like about it?
- Did the story transport you to a certain place? If so, which parts gave you that feeling?
- Did the story at any particular point of time make you think about relationships? If so, why?
- Which aspects of NRIs could you relate to?
- Did you like the ending of the story? Would you have preferred a different ending?