A video book trailer is a great way to create awareness around your book. You can upload it on Dailymotion or YouTube and tag it according to the genre of your book. It doesn’t guarantee sales but it does help in creating awareness.
Here are some tips for creating a book trailer:
- Even though you may have the urge to make a long video, keeping it short and simple is the better way to go. The length of the video should be appropriate to keep the attention of the viewer. 90 secs is considered the ideal length.
- If your book setting is unique, you can highlight that in the book trailer to create interest. Adding some landmark pictures of the place will be useful.
- If your book is targeted for a certain age group, it is a good idea to highlight that in the trailer.
- For the content of the trailer, think about what’s unique about your book. How would you summarize it in a short and effective way.
- Always have a call to action in the end, such as point to your website, Facebook page etc.