Today I’m welcoming Ruchira Khanna, who is a biochemist by profession and author of Choices.
- Welcome Ruchira! Tell us what inspired you to become a writer?
I started getting some time alone, when my thoughts would give me company. That led to putting my introspection onto paper. Thus, a writer was evolved!
- Do you write every day? What motivates you to write?
I try to write each day since it helps me vent over the state of affairs around me. Pain, Agony is my motivator. I get goose bumps when I see them around, and unfortunately there is plenty thus, motivating me 24/7.
- Tell us about your writing process. How did you come up with the concept of your book?
I actually think of a theme first, and then start my plotting. In my book, Choices – Destiny/Fate were some prime words that I wanted to focus upon. With that the characters, and the setting evolved.
- Which scene in your book is your favorite? Why?
My favorite scene is right at the beginning of the book when Mateo and Albert are seated in the warden’s office. When both go into silence as they reflect over their past and their turmoil over just a dialogue!
- Who is your favorite character in your book? Why?
I have two favorite characters in my book. One is Maria who is Mateo’s wife and the other is Amelia, Albert’s wife. Both these women play an important role in shaping the lives of their respective men by their patience, endurance and tenacity thus helping them make a choice in their respective lives!
- Besides writing, what is your favorite hobby that helps you relax?
I believe in universal energy. Thus, practice it as Reiki.
- Who is your favorite author?
I have read many authors and surely they all have impacted me in some or the other ways. But, I keep myself up-to-date on recent publications of Deepak Chopra, Nicholas Sparks, Paulo Coelho.
- What advice do you have for an aspiring author?
Just follow your heart! My first book is not perfect, but then at least I have the satisfaction of putting my words across.
- Do you have any book marketing tip you want to share with your fellow authors?
I am still getting acclimatized by this path. However, I can guarantee that by joining a book review group it will help you learn and market your book at the same time. Thank you The Book Club Group for hosting my Book.
Ruchira’s Book Links:
Social Media Links:
Blog : http://abracabadra.blogspot.com/
Twitter : https://twitter.com/abracabadra01