Julie Nicholls is the author of the Fallen Angels Series. Lets chat with her today and get to know more about this series.
- Welcome Julie! Tell us, what inspired you to become a writer?
I read my first fan fiction five years ago and was instantly hooked! I’d never heard of it and I was completely obsessed from the moment I read my first story. After that I started writing my own Fan fiction, and then progressed to writing short erotic stories on my own site before finally releasing my book.
- How did you come up with the concept of your series? What was the inspiration behind it?
Kai of Darkmide started as a role playing character, and although the book has nothing to do with the role playing that I did, it’s where the original idea came from. When I sat down with my husband one afternoon, and told him I had another idea for a book, and that I wanted to use the idea of fallen angels, it just fell into place.
- Which scene in your book is your favorite? Why?
In Demon Within, which is the first book in the Fallen Angel series, there’s a scene where Kai and Eloise are in the ‘Temple of Truth”. It’s very emotional, in my opinion, and I actually cried when I wrote it, especially the last question that Eloise asks Kai.
- Who is your favorite character in your book? Why?
It has to be Kai. He’s utterly beautiful and courageous. He’s suffered all his life, being sold into slavery by his mother from when he was six years old, and for all his hardship, he’s doing well for himself. I love that I’ve been able to bring him from despair to ultimate happiness.
- That’s interesting! How do you go about developing characters of your book?
I see each of my characters clearly in my mind. I feel the way they do, and I understand their emotions. I usually relate them to people I know or have met.
- How much research do you do for your books?
I do enough so that my story has as much relevance to factual or folklore as is needed. I’m not a great stickler for quoting things word for word, however, all the angel names and fallen angels I use in my stories are not made up by me. I only adapted them to suite my story.
- What has been your most rewarding experience as an author?
Seeing my book in print!!! I’ve received in the post only a few days ago, my first book. Seeing it brought a tear, and when my husband said he’s really proud of me, which also made me cry.
- What do you find most challenging while writing a book?
Starting it!! I have the idea and the story in my head but actually deciding where to start is the biggest issue for me. However, once I’ve got that sorted, I can’t stop, nor do I want to. I am totally focused on getting down.
- Besides writing, what is your favorite hobby that helps you relax?
I paint and make digital art. I painted the covers for both Demon Within and Angel Within, and I’m currently offering my services at a very low price to any authors who are on a budget. My work is viewable on my Facebook page.
- That’s very creative indeed! What advice do you have for an aspiring author?
Have as many people involved in your first project as possible. Feedback is important.
- Which book are you working on next? Do you want to share a glimpse of it?
I have just recently released Angel Within. This is the 2nd book in the Fallen Angels series, and while the third book is still in my head, I’ve not started it yet. You can read snippets from both my books at my blog.
Social media Links: