Taro root is pretty hard to peel and cut but the taste is unique and delicious especially when made in this Indian style. I believe that taro root contains a good amount of dietary fiber as well as various minerals but I just like the taste.
- 5-6 taro root
- 1 onion
- Indian spices, salt
- Coriander for garnishing
- Peel and slice taro root (long slices) – you may have to wash taro root several times.
- Thinly slice onions
- Warm up some oil in a wok and add in some ajwain seeds.
- Mix in sliced taro root and onions and add in salt, garam masala, dhania, red chilies and haldi.
- Let it cook on medium flame for ten minutes or until taro root is cooked and tender. If it gets dry, add in a few more drops of oil.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
Serve it with roti, parantha or naan and enjoy!