Today, I’m welcoming Mistral Dawn, author of Taken By The Huntsman. Let’s get to know her better.
- Welcome Mistral! Please tell us how did you come up with the concept of your book? What was the inspiration behind it?
Ha! Actually, a dream. I had a debate with an online friend about the nature of consent at a time when I was also doing research about European mythology. Somehow the two became entwined in my head while I was sleeping, and Taken By The Huntsman was born.
- Very interesting! What do you find most challenging while writing a book?
I think the most challenging part of writing a book is the marketing.
I’m an indie author, so I don’t have a publisher to help do this work. Marketing takes an enormous amount of time, but is extremely necessary because, as an unknown author, no one will read my books if they don’t know about them.
- I agree, being an author is not just about writing, it is so much more. What has been your most rewarding experience as an author?
My favorite part is interacting with people who have read and enjoyed my stories. It’s such a rush to know I’ve been able to entertain other people!
- That is satisfying indeed! Which book are you working on next? Do you want to share a glimpse of it?
My next book will be about the Winter Court king and his human Anamchara. He’s a fallen god of death, prophesy, and healing (I know, interesting combination, right?), so while he no longer has the powers of a god, he does have some interesting abilities. She’s a human who stumbled into Fairie while running from her abusive fiance on Earth. You’ll just have to wait to see how their story plays out. But before I write that book, I’ll be writing a short story about Jillian.
- Besides writing, what is your favorite hobby that helps you relax?
I enjoy taking in kitties who need homes and finding the people who need a kitty to love. Remember everyone, please spay or neuter your pets!!!
It was great talking to you, Mistral! I wish you good luck with your future projects!
Mistral’s Book Links:
Amazon, B&N, Kobo, Smashwords
Social Media Links:
Mistral Dawn’s Musings Blog: http://mistralkdawn.blogspot.com/
Amazon Author Page: http://www.amazon.com/Mistral-Dawn/e/B00NGXETSM/ref=ntt_athr_dp_pel_1
Smashwords Author Page: https://www.smashwords.com/profile/view/MistralDawn
Goodreads Author Page: https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/8549061.Mistral_Dawn